Are you a Santa Ynez Chumash community member that is any of the following:
- Unemployed and searching for a job.
- A high school student considering college majors or future career path.
- A college student seeking career experience or direction.
- Employed, but interested in a career change or additional fulfillment in your current job.
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions you may want to reach out to the Santa Ynez Chumash Environmental Office.
Green job skills are increasing in value and can offer both career opportunity and security! Whether you like to work with your mind, with your hands, with people, by yourself, with nature, in an office, outdoors, or some combination of these, there is a green career opportunity for you.
The following services and resources are available to Santa Ynez Chumash community members (enrolled members and descendants) that are interested in green career opportunities:
- Green Career Counseling and Guidance
- Training through Internships and Apprenticeships
- Education, Scholarships and Financial Assistance
If you are interested in a potential part-time or temporary position with us, you can submit an application and we will keep it on file for review in the future.
You can apply through the Chumash Employee Resource Center website.
If you are unable to access the online application, please email email@example.com
for a printable copy, or pick up a paper copy at the Tribal Hall reception desk.
Climate Showcase Community
Through an EPA grant, SYCEO provides training, apprenticeships and skill certifications to dozens of Chumash community members. This program will focus on helping interested community members develop skills such as building performance assessment, energy efficiency retrofits, and renewable energy installations. This three-year program launched in 2011. To learn more visit the Energy page
under Our Programs.