Become a part of the SYCEO – Sustainable Landscaping Field Intern Opening
The SYCEO is looking for a new team member! The SYCEO is seeking a person to join its sustainable landscaping team and assist with field activities and public works duties. See our job announcement below!
Position: Sustainable Landscaping Field InternType: Part-time, Overtime Eligible (non-exempt)Hourly Rate: $13.00 Description of Position
The Environmental Field Intern will assist with the implementation of Tribal Environmental Programs in the areas of sustainable landscaping, waste management, and alternative fuels.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Independent, highly motivated, able to work under pressure and w/ limited supervision
- Passion for the environment and natural resource conservation
- Punctual, hardworking, and has positive attitude
- Able to work productively as part of a team to accomplish tasks
- Landscaping installation and maintenance experience
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance
- Keen attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- An eagerness to learn
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of normal office hours, as needed
- A driver’s license
- Good physical condition and the ability to lift at least 50 pounds and exert 100 pounds of force
- Ability to work hard in strenuous conditions and manage wellness in extreme heat
- Sustainable Landscape Installation and Maintenance
- Tribal Government Waste Management (solid waste, compost, recyclables, hazardous waste) including collection, processing, transportation, tracking, etc.
- Performing Waste-Site Clean-ups
- Operation and Maintenance of the Chumash Biofuel Station
- Trail Maintenance
- Other Public Works Duties, as assigned
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kelly Ferguson at email@example.com
or 805-688-7997 x4110. Thank you.